The thoughts that were thunk and the goings on of my life.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

ACL: Day 2

Day of the rising dust storm.

So I left my camera at home, but today was better than the last. Actually got to see a few friends during the course of the day, including Rachel and Kelly. Not enough time to say all I want, but here's the list so far.

Buddy Guy: Amazing show. Makes me want to go out and listen to the Blues all day long.
Death Cab for Cutie: Pretty fun, they'll become bigger, but not huge.
Spoon: This band deserves more respect. Great songs and a lot of funky stuff.
Keane: You'll be hearing more from these guys. Arguably the best new band out of the UK.
Jet: Best Rock 'n Roll band I've EVER seen. These guys epitomized what Rock should be like. I hope to see MUCH more of them in the future. Absolutely loved it. And Andrea got to hit a beachball during the concert (this goal is harder to accomplish than you might think) and we made it onto the Jumbotron. Go us!

Tomorrow is the last day, but it should be the best with The New Amsterdams, Pong, Rachael Yamagata, Rilo Kiley, Kaiser Chiefs, Jason Mraz, Bob Mould Band, Franz Ferdinand, and Coldplay...definitely going to be a busy day.

Tip learned today: Go swimming in Barton Springs afterwards and during ACL...makes you feel a LOT better!

No comments: