The thoughts that were thunk and the goings on of my life.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

And We're Off!

Man things have been crazy lately. Here's a quick run down of the things I've learned, done, or had happen lately:
-My dad started cheating on my mom
-Work got insanely busy (I'm taking over 2 times as many calls as everybody else)
-My mom passed her first semester in college with flying colors
-I found a church to become a part of
- Went to a bible study
-Found people to play Frisbee with
-Celebrated Channukah with my favorite Jew
-Went to court to testify that my mom is not "a bad mother"
- Meanwhile my dad lied in court about a couple of issues so he is now paying for it
-Found out The Facebook is really fun, but can also be a huge time waster.
-My sister Regina graduated from college
- Now she's moving to California with her boyfriend/brother-in-law-ish
-Got to play with my nephew
-Saw my brother Donald for the first time in 2 years
-Found out how much deeper and greater of a man my father (Paul) is.
-Saw my mom as a real person with real pain, and found out that facades are sometimes difficult to maintain
-Started finally appreciating my job for what it is and forgiving it for what it isn't

But now I'm off to go skiing! I'm a little scared though because I think there's going to be a ton of nastiness on the roads tonight and I hope that we don't get killed. Or worse, that my car get another dent. It should be a good trip. If nothing else it will be the first trip where I'm wearing clothes that fit! Ah, it's nice actually earning money (although it disappears more quickly the more you get).

I feel like I should write something here about how happy I am about Christmas and all, but honestly this Christmas really isn't for me. It's a nice holiday, but frankly I've gotten nothing from anyone and expect nothing. If somebody could give me a present it would be that the people in my life grow up and start acting mature instead of their present state of total selfishness and only looking out for their own gain.

I gotta get out of here though. Need a break. Need to simply live and enjoy things on my own for a bit.

Poem of the day:

LOVE
fills the heart
which

s
p
l
a
t
t
e
r
s

upon a hardened iron door

No comments: