The thoughts that were thunk and the goings on of my life.

Sunday, April 04, 2004

Nothing makes one feel younger than seeing old friends. Today was the Freshman Leaders in Progress (FLIP) reunion, and I almost didn't go because I figured I would be the oldest one there (I was the only FLIP '03). But then I came to learn what I've really been missing. I've felt so old this year, like I should be dying or something. I feel like I'm the college guy that's practically in a nursing home for the retired students.

But I realized something this weekend. I'm not old at all, I'm still a fresh young man, who's full of energy and hopes and dreams and aspirations. I have SO many goals in my life, I'm full of excitement for my future, and I've made a wealth of friends here at A&M. But it's just a matter that it's hard to keep all of those things in perspective for me where I'm living right now. There's so much emphasis on the fact that I'm "at the end" of my college career. But I think I've lost sight, that this is really just the beginning. My life is about to begin, my education is almost complete, I'm going to go and find where my place is in this world. I've met/made friends that are wonderful, people that I know will be there for me if I'm willing to ask, and I've got a God that's strong enough for me to depend on regardless of how I feel!

So bring it on world! I'm ready for you. I've loved this school, and I've loved the people I've met. I've learned what I need to, and now I'm ready to move on and make my mark!

"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
-Samuel Clemens (aka Mark Twain)

No comments: