The thoughts that were thunk and the goings on of my life.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

In Need of a Good Backup

Back in my senior year of highschool I watched My Best Friend's Wedding with none other than my best friend. Well, we decided that the idea of a 'backup' was a great one to implement in our own lives. From there we decided that we would be eachother's 'backups' in case we both reached the ripe old age of 30 without finding anybody else.

Well, it looks like that day will never have to come, because she's getting married this summer! Really happy for her, 'cause she's been dating this guy for a long time and thinks the world of him, and from what I hear it works the same the other way around too.

I would give more details, but I don't really know anything. All I got was a message that said, "Hey, just wanted to see how you were doing. Oh, and you might want to keep June [teenth] open." I'm not a genius, but I think I can figure out what the real call was about.

What does this mean for me? Hopefully I'll get to be a bridesmaid! But if not, then I'll be happy just going to the wedding...although, why did she have to pick the one during the middle of my trip to Cali? Oh well, it's well worth it.

Other notes:
  • I need to find a new backup, so if you're in the market to be such then let me know. (Although, I'll probably set the bar a little higher, like 35)
  • I'm now the only one of my highschool friend's that's not married or engaged
  • 1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    you need more gay friends from high school then... j/k. no, not really.

    i got contacted by a girl i went to high school with recently... she's all happy, and in grad school and getting married... whatever. i'm in austin, and that's way better than anything anybody else can say.

    i think i already have a backup, but you can be my second backup if you'd like. it's like hard drives... the more backups, the better. woo!

    but i wouldn't worry too much. remember, 50% of all marriages end in divorce. so your backup could be back on the market sooner than you think (but hopefully not).