The thoughts that were thunk and the goings on of my life.

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

New Paths Crossing Familiarity

Back in the US, back in Austin, back at NI. Everything here has changed. None of the people are the same; yet, everything is the same way it was before. Young professionals moving around, younger and younger engineers heading a company. Some people excited about their work, others obviously loathing their cage. And me, I'm just observing it. In some respects I feel like one of the old dogs. I've been with the company for almost 3 years (started in January of 2002), but then again I'm on the lowest rung of the company ladder. Training so that I can do the introductory job...yet again. I'm really looking forward to all of this. I hope that I can find my place here, that I can really make a difference, not so much within the company but more in the lives of those around me. I just pray that God takes my career and moves it to where he wants it to be.

Other than work, things have been crazy. On Thursday night I got back, Friday I got an apartment, Saturday I met up with my fam (had to deal with the whole 'Big D' issue for the first time up front), moved in on Sunday, and now I'm just busy with work, trying to get new stuff for my place and maybe one day I'll even start to unpack. But not for now, cause tonight I get to go see my nephew, Gabriel Alexander Morron, say high to his mama, and then clean. Really I'm torn between doing new things with new people and keeping up with all that is old. Both are important, but there's only so much time in the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You better keep up with the old;) As usual, i'm crazy busy, but if I get the chance to come to Austin or if you come anywhere near CS, we MUST get together!!!!! Call me sometime when things settle down! Love, Megs