The thoughts that were thunk and the goings on of my life.

Sunday, September 19, 2004

So much, but so little time

Alright, so here's the scoop

Vienna
Nice place if you are 60 married and love classical music and museums...otherwise, it's pretty dull.

Budapest
Beautiful, but almost impossible to find a place to grab a bite to eat.

Prague
One of the best places in the world for 20 somethings. Tons of fun, lots of art, pretty buildings...everything you want in a town. Also met an old prof from my BMEN department!

Berlin
One of the few places in the world where history really comes alive.

Other things
I got to visit my old host fams, and there was tons of love going around...such great people.
Went to a little town in the Rhein valley, had my longest jog ever (1.5 hours), slept in a real castle and did a beautiful river cruise.
Saw old friends...funny thing is they still smelled the same. Nothing better in the world than seeing old friends.

Now I'm in Salzburg, home of the Sound of Music (which I watched for the first time last night...not too bad of a movie). Everything is beautiful, and I couldn't ask for more.

Tomorrow Slovenia, later this week Italy...who knows what else. This trip is going faster than I ever thought it would. I love you all back home though and can't wait to spend more time together.

No comments: