The thoughts that were thunk and the goings on of my life.

Thursday, October 09, 2008

What I Love About Austin

Last night I had to bring my work laptop home to do some work on a presentation. When I pulled up my wireless connection I was greeted for the first time by the names of all the networks set up by my neighbors and local businesses.


I sat down, smiled, screencapped and realized that I live in an awesome place for a number of reasons:
  1. Notice there's not a single unsecured router names linksys.  This means I don't live amongst a bunch of morons.
  2. MaxiPad - Most likely they use a signal booster for their router (hence the highest intensity of the local networks).  Some of those boosters look like, well....
  3. One of them is somebody's name.  Most likely owned by an engineer describing the setup and the fact that they use 802.11n, which tells you about their max transfer rate.  This router is most likely covered by some ridiculously secure 1337 password.
  4. TinFoilHat - Most likely somebody that is still campaigning for Ron Paul...they realize they're a conspiracy theorist and at least embrace their ideology instead of pretending to know more about the truth than you do.
  5. makethescaryrepublicangoaway - No explanation needed.
I love where I live and am proud to have the condition known as Austism...where I think Austin is the best place in the whole state of Texas and would straight up refuse to live anywhere else.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh man. I miss it.

Unknown said...

My network is named blackcanary, which is a comic book joke. That particular character is practically a luddite...

Love the tinfoilhat one though :)

Elana said...

Yup... MaxiPad was our router...David changed it now, though...