The thoughts that were thunk and the goings on of my life.

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Vacations...if only there were more

Here's some pics from the snow boarding trip I went on with my buddy Nic over Christmas.

The drive up there was crazy snowy and scary for this Texan driver.


But man, was the snow nice when we got there. And some runs were untouched!


On the way out I saw the most beautiful moonrise I have ever seen in my life.


Quotes of the Night:
"Our society is getting dumbed down. A dumbed down electorate really makes for a weaker democracy. A dumbed down consumer society makes it easier for us to become mindless producer-consumers with materialism becoming almost a religion. And for me that's a problem."
- Rick Steves

“So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure.”
- Chris McCandless in a letter to “Ron Franz”

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

No comments: